Skip To ContentSkip To Content
    2021-2022 Enrollment Now Open
    Posted on 01/14/2021
    Apples and Books

    Cedar Park Enrollment Flyerpdf icon

    Cedar Park Virtual Tour Video

    Cedar Park Open House Slide Show

    I would like Cedar Park Enrollment Updates






    All new student registration is completed online. Visit our Enroll My Student webpage.

    Items you will need to register new students (exceptions are made for families in transition)

      - Parent or guardian photo ID
      - Child's passport or birth certificate
      - Two (2) proofs of home address dated within past eight (8) weeks
      - Child’s immunization (shots) record

     Do I have to do anything more to enroll my student at Cedar Park?

    Yes, there is an extra step to enroll your student in an Option School:

    • **Update: SPS has extended the School Choice Window to Feb. 26th**
    • Enroll your student in Seattle Public Schools.
    • Your student will be automatically assigned to a school in your neighborhood.
    • Starting on February 1st through February 19th (now 2/26) you can complete and submit a School Choice Form (forms will be available starting on 2/1).
    • After 2/19 (now 2/26), the Admissions Department will process all Choice Forms and begin re-assigning students to new schools.
    • They will continue this process until all available classroom spaces are filled, at which point they will begin a wait list.

    How much space is available at Cedar Park for 2021-2022?

    • Cedar Park will have room for about 50 new Kindergartners next year and a few spots in other grade-levels as well.
    • To date, Cedar Park has never had a wait-list. However, as we grow that will change, although we cannot predict when. If you live within the Cedar Park GeoZone, or if a sibling is a current student at Cedar Park you may have a higher spot if there is a wait-list.
    • All Choice Forms received after the 2/19 (now 2/26) deadline will still be processed, but on a first-come, first-served basis.
    • Enrolling in SPS between 1/4 and 2/1 will not give your student priority for School Choice. You can enroll your student in SPS on Feb. 1st and complete the Choice Form on the same day.

    Can I get Help in My Home Language?

    Help is available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Amharic, Somali or Vietnamese. Call the following numbers for assistance.

    • Amharic/Oromo: 206-445-3848
    • Chinese: 206-475-1860
    • Somali: 206-430-2494
    • Spanish: 206-471-2414
    • Vietnamese: 206-471-9386

    If you need assistance in a different language, please email Admin. Secretary, Kelley Hofmann at to set up an appointment to discuss your students' enrollment using a telephonic translator.

    How do I Submit my Documents to the Admissions Department?

    • You can upload documents within the online Enrollment form. You can submit scanned forms or even take a picture of the document with your phone (make sure it is complete and legible).
    • You can email images of documents to Put “Enrollment Documents for <full student name>” in the subject line.
    • You can mail documents to:

      John Stanford Center for Educational Excellence

      Admissions Department/Attn: Enrollment Documents

      2443 3rd Ave S.

      Seattle WA 98134

    • You can bring documents to Cedar Park on Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. to have them sent via interoffice mail.
    • The John Stanford building will be open two days a week for all enrollment services on Mondays and Wednesdays starting Jan. 4 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. No appointment required.

    I’m worried that I won’t remember to submit a Choice Form during the window.

    Don’t worry! Send a quick email to Kelley Hofmann at to request a reminder email. You will get an email on the day the window opens and then a couple of follow up reminders.

    Do I have to live in the Lake City Neighborhood for my child to attend Cedar Park?

    No. As long as your student is enrolled in Seattle Public Schools they are eligible to attend Cedar Park.

    We live just a few blocks north of the school but are outside the city limits. Can my student attend Cedar Park?

    Possibly. SPS does have a process for enrolling students living outside of the district limits. Get more information on Non-Resident Enrollment here.

    Our family is in housing transition right now and we don’t have the address verification documents required. Can I still enroll my student in SPS?

    Yes. SPS’s McKinney-Vento Program assists families and students experiencing homelessness (which includes staying with friends or relatives due to housing loss). This program is committed to making sure that ALL students, regardless of housing status, have access to a high-quality public education by offering support navigating the enrollment process, ensuring transportation, etc. For more information, visit the McKinney-Vento website.

    Will my child be able to take the school bus?

    **Update: In late January, the School Board made a budget decision to stop providing district transportation to Option Schools. It is our understanding that various PTAs & PTSAs of Option Schools are organizing to ask the School Board to reconsider this decision. If you have questions about this process, please contact the Cedar Park PTA at**

    Possibly. Here is a map of our Transportation Zone. If your address is within the zone, but outside the Walk Zone, your student will automatically be assigned a bus route. Bus Routes are created over the summer before the school year starts and families will be notified by mail of their route, stop and pick-up/drop-off times shortly before the school year begins. You do not need to apply for transportation if you live within the zone.

    My child already attends Pre-School at Cedar Park and has an SPS student ID#. Do I still need to enroll them in SPS before submitting a Choice Form?

    Yes. All incoming Kindergartners, regardless of Pre-School program need to enroll in Seattle Public Schools.