Cedar Park Family Communication
The Cedar Park Website has lots of information and resources for families.
- Academics: Details about Expeditionary Learning, SPED, ELL, Homework Policies, Library and much more
- Resources: Informational Presentations, Attendance & other School Forms, Expedition Documents, etc.
- Student Life: After School Care and IDEA Time Information
- Get Involved: Building Leadership Team and PTA Information
- About: Bell Schedules, School Calendar, Featured News, Staff Information Pages, FAQs
The Family Handbook is available online and is updated throughout the year as needed. It contains information on all of our Policies & Procedures, along with clickable links to forms and websites.
How SPS Families receive information about
- Inclement weather
- Low lunch account balance
- School newsletter
- District news
- Principal Communications
Families are automatically enrolled in SchoolMessenger, but you can modify your preferences to control how you receive information.
- Phone Calls
TalkingPoints is a text-based app that will deliver messages directly to your smart phone. The Cedar Park office uses this app for short, time-sensitive messages and attendance questions. Teachers use it for quick classroom updates.
A benefit of TalkingPoints is that it can translate messages into a variety of different languages so that more families have equitable access to school communications.
Cedar Park Newsletter
Our quarterly newsletter, The Timber Wolf Times will be emailed to families through School Messenger.
- Expedition Updates
- School Events
- PTA News and Announcements
The office will happily print a paper copy for you if you prefer…just ask!
Every Thursday the office & PTA will send home paper flyers, forms, etc. with your student. Be sure to check those backpacks!
- School Picture Order Forms
- Spirit Wear Order Forms
- Field Trip Permission Slips
- Community Event Flyers
Principal Zillig sends a quick end-of-week update on Friday afternoons.
Homeroom Teacher Communication
Teachers (or their Room Parent) will communicate classroom information and updates directly with their families on a typically bi-weekly basis. Teachers will share their communication plan with you shortly after the start of the school year.