After School Event Expectations
This policy will be posted in the online Family Handbook and reviewed annually. Any changes to these procedures will be communicated via email and updated in the Family Handbook.
- Any after-school event on school grounds must be pre-approved by the principal and scheduled online through the SPS Facilities website.
- In general, activities that do not fall under PTA activities will be charged for the rental.
- All children must be directly supervised by an adult while on school property for events before or after regular school hours.
- Students must follow the same expectations as they would during the school day (ie: walking in the hallways, no climbing on furniture, no playing on the stage, using library resources appropriately, treating others with PAWS). Adult supervisors are responsible for monitoring behavior and reinforcing expectations.
- Adult organizers of events should communicate with the teacher/specialist whose space they are using to establish usage norms for the space.
- Classroom teachers will provide a template for furniture configuration. Event organizers will be responsible for cleaning up and returning classroom to match configuration.
- Classrooms or spaces not specifically designated for the event are off limits to parents and students.
- The Staff Lounge is primarily for the use of staff or for the preparation of materials for the events. Unsupervised children are not allowed in the Staff Lounge.
After Hours Restroom Use
Cedar Park’s After School Program, Kids Co. operates daily in the building from the end of the school day until 6 p.m. For the safety of Kids Co. students and faculty, student bathroom use is restricted to Kids Co. students between 2:35 and 6 p.m.
- Students may use the restroom right after dismissal, before leaving the school grounds.
- Students using the park after school should not return to the building to use the restroom.
- Students participating in an after-school event should use the restroom in the nurse’s office.
- Until 6 p.m., adults should use adult restrooms in the office, not student restrooms. After 6 p.m., all visitors should use the student restrooms.
After Hours Building Access
In order to maintain the safety of staff, students and visitors after hours, the following doors will be locked:
- South/Pre-School Entry will be locked at 2:35 p.m.
- West/Courtyard Entry will be locked at 2:35 p.m.
- North/Office Entry is locked all day, visitors should use the doorbell-intercom to request admittance.
- The Main Office will be secured and locked at 6 p.m.
Kids Co. will communicate with families of students in their program regarding pick up procedures.