After School Procedures
Cedar Park After School Procedures
Any changes to these procedures will be communicated via email (if changes occur before or at the start of the school day) or via the intercom (if changes occur late in the day or during drop off).
- School is dismissed at 2:25 p.m. every day except for Wednesdays, when it is dismissed at 1:10 p.m.
- Students will be released to parents in the courtyard by their teachers.
- Parents and teachers will collaborate to create a dismissal plan. If a teacher is unsure if a student should be released to an individual, the teacher will contact the family to clarify.
- If an adult other than a parent is picking up a student, parents should notify the teacher before the start of the school day, or the office if the school day has already begun.
- Teachers will supervise their students for pick up in the courtyard for 10 minutes after school dismissal.
- If a student is not picked up within 10 minutes, their teacher will bring them to the office. The office will contact the family and supervise the student until they are picked up. Note: Office Staff regularly have meetings or projects that take them away from the main office after school. Please respect their work schedules by being prompt at pick up.
Students walking home
Parents should communicate with their student’s teacher that the student has permission to walk home.
- A teacher will be responsible for delivering all students to district transportation (bus/taxi) at the end of the day. Bus drivers are responsible for verifying that students on their route get off at the appropriate stops.
- If a student does not normally ride the bus, but is going home with a friend, they MUST have a Yellow Bus Card. Parents must contact the office by phone, email or letter to give permission.
Kids Co. After School Care
Kids Co. students will walk through the building to the cafeteria where they will be greeted and checked in by Kids Co. staff.
Preschool parents will pick up and sign out their children directly from the preschool classroom/play space.
Any changes to a student’s regular dismissal procedure should be communicated to the student’s teacher.