Students with Allergies
Families of students with health needs due to allergies should communicate with Nurse Amy as soon as possible. Nurse Amy will set up a care plan for your student and educate staff on the care plan and the student’s allergy needs.
- There are several different food allergies in the Cedar Park community, including Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Rice, Sesame, Fish, Shellfish and Wheat.
- The need or viability of specific allergen-free classrooms or lunch tables will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Our nurse and our Culinary Services Manager coordinate and share information about students’ dietary restrictions & needs, but if your student has a food allergy or intolerance, and will sometimes purchase school lunch, please complete the Diet Prescription Form on the SPS Health Forms page.
- Teachers teach their students not to share or touch other students’ food. They also monitor for allergens for class party treats and proximity for snack or lunch.
- Epi-Pens and other medication will be stored in the Nurse’s office, along with care plan and instructions. Faculty are trained annually on the use of epi-pens and other medication.