Preschool at Cedar Park
Cedar Park is excited to be partnering with Seattle Public Schools and the City of Seattle to offer the Seattle Preschool Program (SPP)!
Cedar Park will host two SPP classrooms. Each classroom will have:
- 20 Students
- 1 Certified Lead Teacher
- 1 Instructional Assistant
- 1 Classroom Helper
- 6.5-hour school day
Our classrooms use the High Scope educational approach. This approach is consistent with the best practices recommended by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Our goals for children include:
- A sense of belonging, positive social relationships, whole child development and academic learning to reach their full potential.
- To learn through active involvement with people, materials, events and ideas.
- To become independent, responsible, and confident — ready for school and ready for life.
- To learn to plan their own activities, carry them out, and talk with others about what they have done and what they have learned.
- To gain knowledge and skills in academic, social, and physical areas.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Preschool classrooms will follow the same scheduled bell times and SPS District calendar as the K-5 program.
- Preschoolers will have outdoor recess every day in all types of weather.
- There is no district transportation for the preschool program.
- There is no school supply list for the preschool, although students should bring the following personal items: change of clothes, water bottle, blanket for rest-time, etc.
- Students can purchase school lunch or breakfast, or can bring their own from home.
- Preschoolers will eat their meals in their classrooms.
- Families will need to fill out SPS health forms so we can identify allergies and life threatening health conditions.
What to bring on the 1st day of school
- School Forms (if not already completed)
- Blanket for rest time
- Reusable water bottle to keep at school
- Extra set of clothes to keep at school
- Students can bring a lunch from home or purchase school lunch
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:55-8:30 – Breakfast/Morning Activities
- 8:30 – 8:40 – Greeting Time
- 8:40-8:50 – Large Group
- 8:50-9:10 – Small Group
- 9:10-9:20 – Planning Time
- 9:20-10:30 – Work Time
- 10:30-10:40 – Recall Time
- 10:40-11:10 – Outside Time
- 11:10- 11:15 – Wash Hands
- 11:15-11:45 – Lunch
- 11:45-12:15 – Rest Time
- 12:15-12:45 – Specialist
- 12:45-12:50 – Travel Time
- 12:50-1:05 – Read Aloud
- 1:05-1:35 – Outside Time
- 1:35-1:50 – Small Group
- 1:50-2:00 – Snack Time
- 2:05-2:20 – Choice Time
- 2:20-2:25 – Dismissal