Notes from Ms. Kelley – Start of School
August 30, 2023
Kindergarten through Fifth Grade
- Start of School Packets will come home in the first few days of school. The packets have some required forms, some as-applicable forms and some information. Please take some time to look through it, complete it and return the forms to school with your student. The required forms are time-sensitive.
- Cedar Park purchases all the school supplies that students will need throughout the year, ensuring everyone always has exactly what they need. We ask for a supply fee of $45 to off-set the cost to the school. Scholarships are available to anyone who needs one. Contact Kelley Hofmann email@example.com and all students will have the same access to supplies regardless of paying the supply fee. You can pay online here:
- Free & Reduced Lunch Applications are coming home in the Start of School Packet or are available online. We encourage everyone to apply whether they think they will qualify or whether they think they will ever use it. There is important state and federal funding for schools that are tied directly to the number of F&R students enrolled that supports our students on a variety of levels.
- On the first day of school, be sure to send your student with a change of clothes to keep in their locker or classroom. Students will go out for recess even in wet weather and our playground can get muddy! We have a small amount of clean/dry clothing available…but only for our youngest students.
- We have been reviewing and updating the Family Handbook on the Cedar Park website, so be sure to check it out.
- If your student has a new (or new to us) health condition that might need medicine or other supports at school, be sure to contact Nurse Amy Jones firstname.lastname@example.org right away so that she can set up a Health Plan for your student.
- Mrs. Kolias email@example.com is already hard at work planning and organizing IDEA time classes. If you want to be a classroom helper, please reach out to her.
- The PTA is hosting a Potluck Picnic on Tuesday, September 5th at 3 p.m. in the park. It’s a fun way to mix and mingle with other families and get to know staff. You can sign up to bring something for the Potluck here.