Before School Procedures
Cedar Park Before School Procedures
Any changes to these procedures will be communicated via email (if changes occur before the start of school) or via the intercom (if changes occur during drop off).
Procedures for K-5 Students
Student safety is a priority at Cedar Park. As a reminder, there is no adult supervision available before 7:40 a.m. and we ask that students and families not arrive on campus before then. Parents may not leave their child unsupervised on campus before 7:40 a.m.
- Adult supervision is available at 7:40 a.m. for Kindergarten through Fifth Graders on the playground or in the Cafeteria (for students who are eating breakfast).
- Preschool children should be directly supervised by their parent/guardian/designated adult at all times until they are signed in to their classroom.
Procedures for Preschoolers
Preschoolers must be signed in at their classrooms starting at 7:53 a.m. each day. They must be directly supervised by a parent/guardian/designated adult at all times until they are signed in to their classroom.
K-5 Students Before School Recess
The playground will be open and supervised for recess from 7:40 a.m. to 7:55 a.m.
- Students and families can enter the playground through the park entrances or from the stairs by the courtyard.
- Students should go straight to the playground or the cafeteria in the morning.
- Other than the cafeteria, students are not allowed in the building before the first bell rings at 7:50 a.m.
- Students and parents should remain on the playground until the first bell rings at 7:50.
- There is no courtyard supervision in the morning, students should stay on the playground or the cafeteria.
- Students should follow our Cedar Park Playground and Bathroom Expectations (staff will have a keycard for bathroom access).
The Cafeteria is open and supervised for Breakfast starting at 7:40 am. Students not eating are expected to be on the playground.
- Students eating breakfast will get their meal and sit at the designated breakfast table(s).
- Once a student has finished their meal, they should take care of their Green Clean (Compost/Recycle/Trash sorting).
- Students should follow the Cedar Park Cafeteria Expectations using a calm body and inside voice (this is not an indoor recess).
- Students not eating breakfast will be asked to move to the playground.
- Pre-School students having breakfast need to be supervised by their parent/guardian.
The Warning Bell rings at 7:53 a.m.
- During the first few weeks of school, students will line up in the court yard by classroom and teachers will come to get them.
- After the first few weeks of school, students will be dismissed from the playground and cafeteria to walk to their lockers and classrooms where they will be greeted by their teacher in the hallway.
- Parents are encouraged to help foster a sense of independence by practicing saying goodbyes at the park or the cafeteria and letting kids manage their morning routines and lockers.
- If you arrive at school at 7:55 a.m. or later, please DO NOT drop your child off at the park, as the gate to school will be locked. Please drop off at the front door and students should head to class (between 7:50-7:55am) or check in at the office (7:55 or later).
- If bad weather (heavy rain, snow, ice, fog) make the playground unsafe in the morning, school staff will announce an alternate waiting zone via the intercom.
- Staff will be onsite in the waiting zone and the courtyard to direct and supervise students.
- If no staff are visible on the field, you may drop your student at the front door and office staff will direct them to the alternate waiting zone.