Enrollment Tours for 2024-2025 School Year
Cedar Park is excited to kick off our enrollment drive in the new year. We have scheduled two tours for our prospective families.
- Tuesday, January 30th at 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 30th at 6:00 p.m.
During the tour you will have a chance to learn more about our IDEA Time and Expeditionary Learning Programs, talk to teachers, meet other families, tour the building and have a Q&A with Principal Zillig.
Enrollment for Seattle Public Schools opens on January 2nd and the School Choice window is from February 1st through February 29th. Learn more about how to enroll your student in SPS and the School Choice process here.
What is Cedar Park?
Cedar Park Elementary is an option school in the Lake City neighborhood with a focus on strong academic achievement, social emotional growth and creative exploration experiences for all students.
Cedar Park Open House
Tuesday, January 30th at 10:00 a.m.
Tuesday, January 30th at 6:00 p.m.
Get a tour of the school, see classrooms, meet Principal Zillig and other staff members.
Strong Academic Foundation
- Center for the Collaborative Classroom ELA
- EnVision Math
- Amplify Science
SPS common core curricula combines whole group and small group mini-lessons wiht individual practice in a variety of formats that keep students engaged with the material and each other.
Social Emotional Emphasis
- Culturally Responsive: Intentionalaity of teaching practices creates a safe learning space that sees and honors the uniqueness of each student.
- RULER and SEcond Step: Curricula helps students identify emotions, problem solve, self-regulate and grow their empathy.
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support: PBIS Creates a warm and welcoming environment through consistent, community-wide expectations that celebrate student accomplishment.
- Small Community: Our schools’s small size means that every student knows every adult and every adult knows every student.
Hands on Learning and Application
- Minimum of 3 field work opportunities in each classroom to amplify in-class learning
- Collaboration with our community to bring in diverse artistis, authors, experts and opportunities that bring learning to life and make real-world connections.
- Investigate, Discover, Engage and Ask Why
- In-school enrichment for all students offered several times a year.
- Classes designed directly based on student interest.
- Grade-band students work together to deep dive into a yearly theme and use thier skills to share their knowledge with peers in a createive way
Art Docent Program
- Highlights diverse artists, histories and expressions
- Opportunities to explore artists and perspectives through field work
- Opportunities to showcase school, community, national and global artists and experts.